More tank work

Forgot to take before pics of the piece of 20"x24" 16g, but it's pretty simple, cut it down on the shear to 17" long and took it over to the brake

Tunnel bent up...had to be this wide and square to fit over the retarded pressed sheetmetal Honda frame

Test fit and marked to be cut

Cut

Final test fit

Had to grind down the factory weld seam on the frame to the rear of the tank could sit lower

Welded up...hate welding sheet metal, guess I just need to get better at it

Final look...not gonna weld it up until we decide on a petcock and order the rubber mounts we need to mount the tank

Tomorrow we’ll probably make up a small tailsection/hump and cut out a seat pan if we have time.  Lower shock mounts need to be moved forward 1″ as well to reduce some of the shock angle and give us a bit more clearance between the hoop/rear of the frame and the rear tire.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone…

Stator cover mod

Stock

1" trimmed off the back edge, starting to cut out cover

view from the back, you can see the factory stress/cast marks I used as a template

Random pattern, but interesting and the only real way to cut it and keep any strength

it'll be painted black when all is said and done...still need's some finishing touches

Sons of Anarchy fairing install…or so I’m told

HD and Ness Fairings are close to $300 and don’t come with mounting hardware.  I found this fairing on fleabay for $55 shipped, just needed a new mounting bracket…I think it’s originally for an older sportster.

Some aluminum sheeting I had laying around

scroll saw works great on aluminum

finished edges...used a pair of dividers to get the curves traced out and even before cutting

test fitted...mounts using the T-bar bolts

some finish work

someone stopped by to bring me lunch...speed holes drilled in mount

fairing bolted up to get a final test fit

Some self etching primer followed by black epoxy paint...

you can see the existing sheetmetal bracket which came with the fairing

done

done

Old Dyna pics continued…

Dirtbike pegs installed...yes they still pivot

Horn before

Horn after

Pinstripe countesy of Salty John

V&H HO Propipe, Ness Big Sucker intake, and Power Commander installed

Taillight removed...need to fill fender and paint

Cleaner without the horn cowbell stickin out

Pipe is too damn long for my tastes and riding style…when the 450 project is done, I’ll shorten it and make a new end cap.